Friday, June 12, 2015

Behold A Lady

Before I get started, I must curtsey to the creativity and consciousnesses of Andre 3000 of Outcast for his song, "Behold A Lady" from the Speakerboxxx/Love Below project. It is still one of my favorite songs ever! It made me wonder along with him, where are all the good girls? I noticed back in the day coming up that there was a push to be the opposite of what I was being raised to be by the "THEM", but it wasn't until I was older that I realized how much the mindset of popular culture has changed. When you look at the artwork put forth, it is more telling than any history book. If you every want to know the TRUTH about a culture, it will easier to find in their art.






Back to the subject with a question: Where My Ladies AT!?! Listening to radio today I don't hear a lot of sistahs on the R&B/Hip Hop channels. Now on the Pop side there are several, but I'm not impressed with them heifers either! What I'm saying is, I don't want to be like them...AT ALL! I do not like Green Eggs and Ham, I do not like them SAM I AM! As a grown woman, I can appreciate it for what it is at face value, a musical piece by a talented artist. So please don't think I'm hating on "THEM" from that standpoint. My haterade comes from the "Momma" side of me. We were coming home one day in the car and the ONE time I put on the local radio instead of XM radio I hear Jhene Aiko talking about "Eating my a$$ like groceries"! REALLY tho'?!?  Do I want my daughters thinking THAT is how a woman should look and behave? HELL NAW! (Can you tell my pissosity level rose to OVER 9000?!?) Yep, she got the side eye REAL QUICK!





THAT people, is why one of the reasons I stopped listening to regular radio! Now, what I would appreciate with everything that I am is that IF you know of an artist that represents the beauty, grace, and dignity of womanhood, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE (in my James Brown voice) leave at least their name in the comment section below. Links would be AWESOME! We have to support are artists if we want to experience them, so post those social links, websites, SoundCloud, YouTube, WHATEVER to all the Ladies REPRESENTING!

#Deuces&Smooches #KeepRising

FYI

 There's a couple of things I gotta tell ya! First, some of the links send you to Amazon so you can get your own copy of music I'm talking about. If you get Amazon Prime Membership you can add some of those tracks for FREE! 

The other thing is by visiting this link you can help support me and my work. 10% goes to a non-profit organization called 2nd Chance FGA (For Gifted Americans) 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment